Monday, August 22, 2016

Improv for Good

It's always fun to announce a new giving quilt plan for the Seattle MQG! And this time we are using beautiful American Made Brand solids courtesy of our local Clothworks. The colors chosen are the same as the logo for our intended recipient for this quilt, Homeward Pet Adoption Center. Specifically, they are (top to bottom in photo below) dark blue, brown, dark eggplant, and white. Bundles for those interested in participating consist of 1/16 yard of each of the colors, and 1/8 yard of white. The assignment is to make original improv blocks using two or more of the fabrics in the bundle only, in one of three sizes: 6 1/2" square, 6 1/2" x 12 1/2", or 12 1/2" square.

Fresh from doing improv quarter-circles for my #seaSLABbom, I started off similarly for my giving block, though in true improv fashion, it turned out quite different than the idea I started off with. Fair enough, right?


Though Louise/I'm Feelin' Crafty and I were a little skeptical about the palette at first, these colors really do look great together! Blocks are just beginning to pop up on Instagram under the #seamqggiving hashtag, and I'm really looking forward to seeing more!

5 comments:

  1. It will be great to see these blocks come together into a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have thought the colors would work either, but they do! Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are coming up with the best quilt plans for your chapter! Love the colors that will be perfect for your intended charity. Hope you get lots of participation. How many members are in your MQG chapter?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats why you used those colors! I do love the improve circles and that's what improv is all about...it changes or can be changed with one cut!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blocks - and yes, the colours work amazingly well. I really love the bottom right quarter - with that little piece of blue. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete