Thursday, March 19, 2015

In Process

It seems a little much to go on a quilting retreat so soon after my QuiltCon getaway, but schedules being what they are, this weekend is what worked for my long-time quilting buddies, the Basket Case Quilters. We go waaaay back to when our kids were younguns and we're far flung now, so the times we're able to gather together these days are few and far between. 

I'm known to take way more projects than could possibly be finished in one weekend, so I really tried to scale it down this time. Time will tell if I was successful. Here's what I've packed:

Greek Keys - Made from scraps, I only want 9 little blocks and 2 are done. With Essex and Oakshotts, I really can't believe they've taken this long. This project is on my Finish-A-Long list so time's a wastin!

Emphasis - The runner I began in Carolyn Friedlander's class at QuiltCon. Nothing like a retreat to concentrate on some paper-piecing.

Sew Organized - My friend Heidi of Fabric Mutt has a new book coming out next month - Sew Organized for the Busy Girl - and she's asked me to participate in the blog hop. Fun, right? I got to choose what project from the book I wanted to make, so I'm taking advantage of some lovely Artisan Cottons sent to me by Windham Fabrics.

ETNO - I also happened to land myself in Pat Bravo's upcoming Etno bloghop, so the bundle that just arrived needs to be made into something pronto. From my suggestions, Pat chose what she wanted me to make, and I have a design ready. So time to cut and sew!

Lighthearted - And just for the fun of it, I'm taking along the little bundle Ayumi sent me. I'm itching to play with it, and I even thought a patchwork bucket might be nice for my cutting table in the studio. We'll see.

So see you in a few days. I'm sure you'll be able to catch me over on Instagram sharing some process pics!

10 comments:

  1. Have fun, those are all great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you were scaling back on what you were bringing! LOL Have fun, so many great projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to see what you make with Pat's fabrics! I'm in the tour too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you are remarkable in production, so I can hardly wait to see what you come home with. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of great projects! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure you will get tons doing, knowing you! :) I went on a quilting retreat the very next weekend after returning from QuiltCon. Whew.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You are going to be busy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look like fun projects for a weekend away. I hope you get more done than I did last weekend. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Debbie you do take along a lot of projects to a retreat. Sounds like some of them have deadlines. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm headed to a retreat on Thursday and the list of projects to take keeps growing. It's hard to decide ahead of time what I'll be in the mood to do and like to have options. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete