Friday, January 3, 2014

It's Show and Tell Day

I love when I've gathered up a few completed bee quilts to show off to you! I've contributed a block or more to each of these but my bee-mates get the glory!

Melissa/~Me1issa from FAITH circle asked for Palace Steps blocks a while back. One block measures 24.5" wide by 12.5" tall.
Just look at Melissa's final layout! This quilt was donated to our bee's chosen charity, Restore Innocence.
Palace Steps ~ finished.

For Katie/kldemare in That Stash Bee, we made 4 Rugby Stripe blocks using the tutorial by Teaginny Designs, 2 in each of 2 palettes.

They seem like simple blocks, each measuring 7" x 14", but what striking quilts they make. Kelly made a pair for her nephews!


And the last bee quilt I have to share today is from Elizabeth/occasionalpiece of the Mid-Century Modern Bee. Elizabeth was making a Santa's Village by ThimbleCreek Quilts and had us make the green and cream blocks surrounding Santa. Be sure and hop over to read her reveal post to see some close-ups and also the way she incorporated our siggy blocks into the back. 

So aren't those lovely?! Besides the great camaraderie, one of the fun things about being in a bee is seeing how all our blocks come together!

11 comments:

  1. these are all fabulous! That does it. I am organizing a bee this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are each fabulous quilts. I love how the simple patterns are so lovely when finished and I really want to make a yellow quilt, I have since I started quilting. Maybe this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great variety of final quilts there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Elizabeth's Christmas quilt. It is a show stopper

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm adding the rugby stripe to my to-do list. A simple block with a lot of impact.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all great, but I love Elizabeth's Christmas quilt, it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All lovely quilts but I do have a special soft spot for Elizabeth's Christmas quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such fun to see each of the finished quilts! I completely love them :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of those are such wonderful and different quilts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And I'm finally catching up on my blog reading, and found this post! Thanks for including me in a "finish" of bee blocks. It's fun to see all the different bees you've contributed to, and to see some of the finishes.

    Elizabeth
    opquilt.com

    ReplyDelete