Monday, November 18, 2013

City Sampler Quilt Along :: Blocks 76, 77, & 78

There's been some comments about my seemingly exhaustive Tula Pink stash, and I thought it might interest those of you expressing curiosity just what I'm working with.

To start off, I might as well spill the beans that I actually had zero Tula fabric when I heard of the sew along back in May. So I picked up a bit of 6 or 7 of my favorites found in my local shops, along with Prince Charming and The Birds and the Bees charm packs which I purchased online. I also managed to get into a Tula Pink Charm Square Swap, which was a great addition. And lastly, when Acacia came out not long ago, a fat-eighth pack was a reasonable way to give me even greater variety, and may just be my favorite line yet. Of course that's all been supplemented with stash dots, solids, and other prints when needed. Fair enough?

So here's this week's blocks - one of my favorite batches so far. I'm really liking this 'Squares' section!



Linking up with Sew Sweetness.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the "stash" explanation. I still cannot wait to see how you finish this quilt up and am wondering if you will keep it for yourself or gift it. I'm amazed at what you accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how a little fabric goes a long way with this project. I used Prince Charming and Salt Water bundles for mine and I could probably make 3 more quilts with my leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you...first I bought the book, now I have a growing lovely collection of Tula Pink! Your blocks look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! And these blocks are pretty small, right? So little bits of the Tula fabric can go a long way I'm thining...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh all of these are beautiful. Some of my favorites for sure! Love seeing your Tula stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't take it anymore. I have been watching you build these beautiful blocks and I just had to order a book for myself! It's on it's way!!!!!
    Thank you for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you've had the perfect amount of Tula to do all of these :o)

    ReplyDelete