Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Showing and Telling Once Again

A bee finish is so fun to see, whether it's mine or not. Neither of the bee quilts I'm sharing today are mine, so of course I've also enjoyed seeing where my little contribution fit into each, as well as my bee-mates' visions of their quilts come to life!

First up is a finish by Carla/Grace and Favour with blocks made by the Mid Century Modern Bee. We were given our choice of making 6", 9", and 12" blocks in whatever pattern we chose. See those 3 pinwheels hanging over the fence? That was my block. 

A fun twist was Carla's use of the signature blocks we sent her in the front of the quilt! Look in the bottom right corner, and you'll see 4 of them lined up. Isn't that a fun idea? There's so much to love about this "Mid Century Modern Sampler".

Next is a quilt I actually told you about a little while ago, but I didn't have a photo to share. But now I do, so here's Valerie/Between Quilts' lovely quilt made with the help of That Stash Bee. Take a moment to read Valerie's post. This quilt has quite a story, made for a grieving family, and as you can see, it is just full of encouraging words and colorful stars. I made the little star to the right of the 'e' on the front . . .
and the wonky star under the 'o' on the back. This really turned out to be one cheery quilt, didn't it?

And this last quilt for today isn't a bee quilt, but it is one shared in my Falling for Modern Maples flickr group, which has really turned out to be alot of fun. 76 members strong, there is such an awesome variety of maple leaves swirling around! This particular quilt, "Pumpkin Spice Latte" is by Jessica/Quilty Habit, and I am so fond of it! Jessica chose some really special fabrics for her maples in such a wonderful mix of fall colors, and the addition of those geometric elements makes this quilt really striking.
And this, my friends, is the back! It's truly a double-sided quilt and do you see the wind swirling diagonally through the center? Jessica's post also has plenty more photos that show off this delightful quilt.


I hope you've enjoyed these quilts as much as I have. Nothing like some beautiful finishes to motivate us to get working on our own!

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing all these Debbie! There is much to like about them all! And Carla's quilt is extra special because we played a small part in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all beautiful quilts, thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well good morning! Fun post indeed. I enjoyed reading about the other quilts : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice and cheery quilts. beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three beautiful quilts, indeed! I'm totally in love with quilts pieced from different sized blocks. Modern samplers are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic on all counts! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful quilts, all! But that FAITH one... WOW! I hope it wraps someone in lots of love, strengthens their faith, and fills them with hope!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the feature, Debbie! I have to say that finding your flickr group really motivated me to make my quilt! The bee quilts are just stunning. So many colors <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post...love all of the quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you sweet friend! All these quilts are beautiful and I'm so thankful to see Claudia's quilt among them. What a special thing is made when we work together! Thank you. For sharing the quilt here:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for sharing these inspirational quilts.

    ReplyDelete